A tropical themed bachelorette party is a perfect way to celebrate the bride-to-be’s upcoming nuptials. With its vibrant colours, lively music, and delicious food, a tropical paradise is an ideal location to party with the bride and her closest friends. Whether the party is held at a beach resort or in the backyard, there are endless possibilities for creating a memorable tropical-themed celebration.
So, if you’re looking for some inspiration for a tropical themed bachelorette party, keep reading for some fantastic ideas that will make the bride feel like she’s in paradise.
Planning and Organising the Event
When planning a tropical themed bachelorette party, the first step is to determine the budget. The budget will dictate what kind of activities, decorations, and food can be included in the event. It is important to consider the number of guests and their individual financial situations when determining the budget.
To help stick to the budget, consider using a spreadsheet or budgeting tool to track expenses. This will help ensure that the party remains within the allocated budget.
Invitations and RSVPs
Once the budget has been determined, the next step is to create invitations and send them out to the guests. The invitations should include all of the necessary information, such as the date, time, location, dress code, and any other important details.
You can find an array of editable digital invitations on the tropical theme such as these final flamingle digital invitations, these can be printed out and delivered or you could even keep it digital and email out the invitations.
To make it easier to keep track of RSVPs, consider using an online RSVP tool or creating a Google form which can be created and set up for free, you just need a Google account. This will allow guests to easily RSVP and provide any necessary information, such as dietary restrictions or special requests.
It is important to follow up with guests who have not RSVP’d to ensure an accurate headcount for the event. This will help ensure that the appropriate amount of food and drinks are provided, and that there is enough space for all guests.
Choosing the Perfect Tropical Location
When it comes to planning a tropical themed bachelorette party, choosing the perfect location is key. The location will set the tone for the entire trip and determine the activities that will be available to you and your guests. Here are some things to consider when choosing the perfect tropical location for your bachelorette party.
If you’re looking for a classic tropical experience, a beach destination is the way to go. Here are some popular beach destinations for bachelorette parties:
- Cancun, Mexico: With its white sand beaches and crystal clear waters, Cancun is the perfect place to relax and soak up the sun. The city also has a vibrant nightlife scene, with plenty of clubs and bars to keep you entertained.
- Punta Cana, Dominican Republic: Punta Cana is known for its all-inclusive resorts, making it a great option for groups who want to relax and let someone else take care of the details. The beaches are stunning, and there are plenty of activities available, including snorkeling, horseback riding, and zip-lining.
- Cannes, France: If you’re in Europe, consider heading to the glamorous South of France for a beach themed getaway.
If you’re looking for a more secluded and intimate experience, an island getaway might be the perfect choice for your bachelorette party. Here are some popular island destinations for bachelorette parties:
- St. Lucia: St. Lucia is a stunning tropical island with endless adventures and breathtaking views. The island has it all, from black sand beaches to drive-in volcanoes. Make sure to explore the incredible Sulphur Springs, known as the world’s only “drive-in volcano.”
- Ibiza, Balaeric Islands: Ibiza is famously the clubbing capital of the world so is the perfect place for brides-to-be who want to party
- Santorini, Greece: Santorini is a picturesque island in the Aegean Sea, known for its stunning sunsets and white-washed buildings. The island is a great option for those who want to combine a tropical getaway with a cultural experience, as there are plenty of historical sites to explore.
Tropical Inspired Decorations
When it comes to a tropical themed bachelorette party, the decorations play a crucial role in creating the perfect ambiance. Here are some ideas to inspire you:
Incorporating tropical flowers into your decorations is an excellent way to bring the island vibes to your party. Hibiscus, Plumeria and Bird of Paradise are all vibrant, tropic flowers, but as they can be pricy, you may wish to consider some cheaper deoration options made with faux flowers.
Flamingos are also a quintessential tropical party symbol, in fact many bachelorette parties along this theme include the slogan “Final Flamingle”, so you could play on this to make it a theme of the party.
In addition to tropical flowers, you can also incorporate beach-inspired decor into your party. Here are some ideas:
- Seashells: Collecting seashells is a fun activity that you can do with your bridesmaids before the party. You can use the shells to create beautiful centrepieces or to decorate your tables.
- Tiki Torches: Tiki torches are a classic element of tropical decor. They provide a warm and inviting glow that is perfect for evening events.
- Photo props are a fun addition for any Bach or Hen Party, and make a great accessory for photos of the weekend to share on social media. You can grab our collection of 30 Tropical Bachelorette props as an instant download printable file which means they are a fantastic last minute prop for your bachelorette celebrations.
Tropical Themed Bachelorette Style
When it comes to a tropical themed bachelorette party, dressing the part is a must. Here are some ideas for achieving the perfect tropical look.
Get the whole crew in matching beachwear with Team Bride swimsuits or bikinis. You could also accessorise with Hawaiian Grass Skirt sets for a fun beachy theme, or go for more subtle matching elements like sunglasses or personalised sunhats.
Tropical prints are a staple for any island-inspired outfit. Whether it’s palm leaves, hibiscus flowers, or pineapples, incorporating these prints into your attire will instantly transport you to a tropical paradise. Try a printed maxi dress or jumpsuit, or mix and match a printed top with solid coloured bottoms.
When it comes to accessories, consider a statement necklace or earrings in a complementary colour to your outfit. A woven clutch or tote bag can also add a fun and practical touch.
Tropical Themed Bachelorette Activities
Bachelorette Games Bundle
To keep the party going, consider incorporating some tropical-themed games. Our Printable Tropical Bachelorette Game Bundle includes 14 different fun bachelorette games while keeping the Tropical theme aesthetic.
Clean and Dirty versions are included for several games. You can choose to either use one set or combine both meaning you don’t have to worry about embarrassing anyone – unless of course, that’s your aim!
- Game instructions / Prep
- Guest most likely to
- How Old Was the Bride photo game
- Scavenger Hunt
- Would she rather…(clean)
- Would she rather…(dirty)
- 20 Questions about the Bride-to-be
- What did the Groom Say? (Clean)
- What did the Groom say? (Optional add on dirty questions)
- Never or Ever (Clean) – with optional Never / Ever cards
- Never or ever (Dirty)
- Over or Under
- Bride or Groom? -with optional Bride / Groom cards
- Memory of the Bride to Be
What’s a tropical party without some beach games? From beach volleyball to frisbee, there are plenty of games to keep you and your guests entertained. We love this Inflatable Banana Game that is bound to create some giggles!
Cocktail Making Class
Learn how to make some delicious tropical cocktails with a cocktail making class. You could hire a professional bartender to come to your party and teach you and your guests how to make a variety of cocktails. Alternatively, you could bring all the cocktail gear yourselves and host a DIY cocktail class!
Take your party to the water with a boat party. Rent a boat for the day and enjoy the beautiful scenery while sipping on cocktails and dancing to your favourite tunes. You could even organise a snorkelling or diving excursion for an extra special experience.
Tropical Themed Food and Drinks
When it comes to planning a tropical themed bachelorette party, the food and drinks are an essential part of the celebration. Here are some ideas for delicious and refreshing tropical bites and sips that will transport your guests to a paradise island.
Seafood is a must-have for any tropical themed party. From shrimp skewers to fish tacos, seafood dishes are perfect for a beachy vibe. Here are some options for seafood bites:
- Grilled shrimp skewers with pineapple and mango salsa
- Coconut shrimp with sweet chili dipping sauce
- Tuna poke bowls with avocado and edamame
- Lobster rolls with buttered brioche buns
- Crab cakes with spicy remoulade sauce
No tropical party is complete without some fruity and refreshing cocktails. Here are some ideas for tropical drinks that will make your guests feel like they’re sipping on a beach:
- Mai Tai – a classic tiki cocktail made with rum, orange liqueur, lime juice, and orgeat syrup
- Piña Colada – a creamy blend of rum, coconut cream, and pineapple juice
- Blue Hawaiian – a vibrant blue cocktail made with rum, pineapple juice, blue curaçao, and cream of coconut
- Mango Margarita – a fruity twist on the classic margarita, made with fresh mango puree and tequila
- Bahama Mama – a tropical cocktail made with rum, pineapple juice, orange juice, and grenadine
Don’t forget to serve non-alcoholic options like coconut water, fruit smoothies, and iced tea for guests who prefer non-alcoholic beverages.
Tropical Themed Party Favors
Finally, it wouldn’t be a hen party without some tropical themed party favours for your guests to keep as a memento of the weekend. Custom beach tote bags would be a great way to present these to guests.
A Final Flamingle to remember!
We hope this post has given you plenty of ideas for your tropical themed bachelorette party. Know someone who is planning a tropical themed bach? Be sure to share this post with them!
Looking for other themes for your bachelorette or hen party? Be sure to check out these posts: